We could all use a little pick me up, so I’m sharing three different pep talks. You can put into practice whichever is best for you. Just take what you need!
Listen to me share the pep talks in this episode of Be School, or read below.
Looking for the link event I mentioned on the show? It’s right here: The Big Reset
Take the action of resting
If you are feeling overwhelmed, exhausted, stressed out, or physically tired, it is time to take things a little bit slower. Yes, you need to rest! Choose to pursue rest the same way you pursue results.
Here are some of my favorite ways to rest:
- Say no when you don’t feel like doing something.
- Say no to an opportunity that you think could push you over into that sense of overwhelmedness.
- Take something off your calendar.
- Start delegating tasks.
- Dare to postpone
- Allow yourself the ability to push things back.
- Do something that makes you happy.
- Read a book for fun.
- Turn off your alarm and allow yourself to sleep a little bit more.
Taking action doesn’t seem to be your area of difficulty. Trust that you can rest, and your everything else will still get done. When you prioritize rest, you actually get clearer on your goals. You’re able to walk towards them with more intention.
Take the action of making forward progress
You may have spent a lot of time planning, waiting for the right moment, doing roadmaps, liking and sharing posts in social media, but you haven’t taken the first step at all toward your goal. Does that resonate with you? If so, I invite you to take tangible action.
Taking the best next step to bring you closer to your ultimate goal. In fact, you can start by doing very simple things:
- Start a conversation with that person.
- Update your resume.
- Buy that thing you need.
- Invest in that course.
- Start reading that book.
No matter what you’ve identified, start to taking action. It’s time to move on from the planning process. Take action, and prioritize iteration. You can only know if you’re headed in the right action when you start moving.
Take the action of checking in
If you feel like you’ve been acting on autopilot, maybe it’s time to check in.
Start with these questions, and add your own:
- Is your goal still the same?
- What do you actually want?
- How do you define success?
The answers to these questions might be revealing. Maybe your life is what you dreamed of a few years ago, but you need to give yourself time to dream about what’s next. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you should make big changes to your strategy. Instead, it can even be an opportunity to analyze yourself and reaffirm that you are on the right path.
We are continuously growing, changing, and evolving. For this reason, you have to keep checking in with yourself to know if something may have changed or if you need to explore different paths.
Take a moment to analyze with which profile you identify yourself at this moment.
- Are you the person that is doing so much and you need to rest?
- Are you the person who is planning or doing the minimum, but you need to take some tangible action?
- Are you the person who needs to check in and make sure that you are still headed in the right direction?
Think about it. You can have some extra rest, start acting out or re-calibrate your plans. Start to take the action you need accordingly!